Cat-eye hybrid lashes are a type of eyelash extension that combines both classic and volume techniques. Classic lashes use one extension on a natural lash, and volume lashes use several, thinner extensions on a natural lash. Hybrid lashes use two techniques. Placing one classic extension and multiple volume extensions on the original lash. Hybrid lashes are a popular choice for people who want a natural-looking, yet fuller, eyelash look.
Cat Eye Hybrid Lashes
Cat-eye hybrid lashes are a variety of hybrid eyelash extensions that feature a dramatic, winged shape. The outer corners of the eyes are similar to the shape of a cat’s eye. This look is achieved by placing the extensions in a specific pattern, typically starting with shorter extensions. The inner corner of the eye gradually increases in length and volume toward the outer corner.
The result is a natural-looking yet dramatic and elongated appearance at the outer corners of the eyes, giving the eyes a cat-like appearance. It’s a popular choice for people who want a dramatic and glamorous look.
Types Of Cat Eye Hybrid Lashes
There are several types of cat eye hybrid lashes, each with a slightly different look and application technique. Some common types include:
- Classic Cat Eye: This is the most basic type of cat eyelash extension. It uses a mix of classic and volume extensions to create a subtle, yet defined cat-eye shape.
- Russian Volume Cat Eye: This type of cat eye extension uses multiple, ultra-fine volume extensions. It creates a more dramatic and fluffy look.
- Mega Volume Cat Eye: This type of cat eye extension uses even more volume extensions than Russian volume. It creates a very full and dramatic look.
- Hybrid Cat Eye: This type of cat eye extension combines classic extensions with volume extensions. It creates a natural-looking yet defined cat-eye shape.
- Flick Cat Eye: This type of cat eye extension creates a more defined and elongated cat-eye shape at the outer corners of the eyes. This can be achieved by using a mix of extensions with different lengths.
- 3D Cat Eye: This type of cat eye extension creates a more dramatic and defined shape. By layering volume extensions on top of classic extensions.
It’s important to note that the type of cat-eye hybrid lashes chosen will depend on the client’s natural lashes and desired look. An experienced eyelash technician will be able to recommend the best option for you.
How To Apply Cat Eye Lashes
The process of applying cat-eye lashes is similar to that of applying regular hybrid lashes but focuses on the desired cat-eye shape. Here are the general steps for applying cat-eye hybrid lashes:
- Clean and prepare the client’s natural lashes by removing any makeup and oils.
- Measure and cut the extensions to the appropriate length for the client’s natural lashes.
- Isolate the natural lashes by using a small amount of adhesive on a micro brush.
- Apply for the extensions by using a tweezer to pick up the extension and place it on the natural lash, about 1-2mm from the eyelid.
- Use a variety of lengths and curls to create the desired cat-eye shape. Starting with shorter extensions at the inner corner of the eye and gradually increasing the length and volume towards the outer corner.
- Use a fan or volume technique to create a more dramatic look.
- Finish by curling the lashes with a lash dryer or fan.
Use Best Mascara
There are many different mascaras available on the market. The “best” mascara will vary depending on personal preference and individual needs. However, some mascaras are generally considered to be high-performing and popular among makeup artists and consumers.
It’s worth noting that every mascara works differently for different people. The best mascara for you may vary with time and depend on your current lash situation. It’s always best to try a sample or small size before committing to a full-size product.
The best mascara recommended by dermatologists boosts lash length, volume, and definition. Click below for a silicone-free and paraben-free mascara for a new look.
It’s important to note that applying cat-eye hybrid lashes requires a high level of skill and precision and should only be done by a qualified and experienced eyelash technician. Applying lashes incorrectly can cause damage to the natural lashes or cause discomfort. Also, post-care instructions need to be given to the client to ensure the longevity and health of the lashes.